Hi fitness warriors!
Food assists our body in many different ways – however, in today’s blog we’re going to focus on how certain foods can ‘heal your body’ (both inside and out)!
Throughout history, civilisations have used food as medicine and if you were ever told that eating carrots would help you see in the dark – then you already know more about the ‘Doctrine of Foods’ than you thought! The doctrine of foods is a holistic approach to wellbeing. Many health professionals have researched the doctrine of foods and have discovered an undeniable link between specific natural foods and their positive impact on specific organs in the body.
Below are a handful of great examples – take note in the similarity of the appearance of the food and the desired area of health they improve!
DOCTRINE OF FOODS
Roots (eg. Ginger):
Roots such as ginger are an incredible food that reduces the inflammatory responses in the body. This encourages healthy, gentle, detoxification – and digestion which increases the ability – to nourish ourselves -(good for fertility).
RED BLOOD CELLS
High in Vitamin B and A which assists in the production of -red blood cells in our body.
IMMUNE SYSTEM and IMFLADIC SYSTEM
High in fibre and water – assisting in breaking down cholesterol levels.
High source of iron – this has numerous health benefits.
High in Vitamin K, which assists calcium when strengthening -our bones.
High in fibre, Vitamin E and other powerful antioxidants.
How can this help me?
As seen above, certain foods assist the body by providing various nutrients and natural supplements that directly assist in healing. While this is not a replacement for medical advice – the above will assist you in the development of natural healing that can replace certain supplements. If you are lacking in specific nutrients and minerals, try consuming more of the above to boost your overall health, well-being and nutrition!
Altogether, once you can make a connection to the food you consume and the way your body feels/reacts your mindset will expand far beyond food only being something we place into our mouths.
As always: If you’d like to enter our monthly draw to receive a 3-month FREE Cam’s Crazy 8s membership – be sure to post your key take-away from this blog on your social media and tag @camscrazy8s. We will be selecting the winner at the end of each month!
Can’t wait? Sign up for a 2 week FREE now by >>clicking here<<
I’ll see you next time!
- Reproductive System: retrieved from https://previews.123rf.com/images/normaals/normaals1801/normaals180100107/94227061-human-reproductive-system-vector-illustration-diagram-male-and-female-medicine-educational-informati.jpg
- Red Blood Cells: retrieved from https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcY3nVl6VDX0Xrw5FWwguqXGPd_rnZw8-dGMIjkq5Yt6Fmo86MhQ
- Iron: retrieved from https://steemitimages.com/640×0/https://c.ndtvimg.com/hemoglobin_625x300_1529932322762.jpg
- Bones: retrieved from https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/xray-normal-leg-childe-image-260nw-243985450.jpg
- Ovaries: retrieved from https://www.endocrineweb.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/gallery-large/wysiwyg_imageupload/14572/2015/04/08/ovaries_26880160_m_4.jpg